VIN Foundation partnered with Under the Microscope to bring you a free follow up webinar: Veterinary Student Debt Questions and Answers Part 2
In Part 1 we covered the basics and answered questions. For Part 2 we talked through actual cases. Feel free to add your questions, comments, experiences, and suggestions to add to the conversation by commenting below or emailing us.
Case 1: High Student Debt Scenario
- Which plan should I use?
- How much do I pay?
- How do I plan for forgiveness?
Case 2: Low Student Debt Scenario
- I didn’t borrow that much – What if I don’t need income-driven repayment?
- When do I pay more? And How much more do I pay?
- Should I or When do I refinance?
Case 3: Married Student Debt Scenario
- Double Vet, Double Debt
- One vet, spouse with no debt
- Community property states
After working with thousands of veterinary students and veterinarians in repayment for the better part of the last ten years, we’ve amassed a lot of data, perspective, and experiences to help shed light on common veterinary student debt scenarios, much of which you can see reflected in the VIN Foundation Student Debt Center.