Lessons learned of applying to veterinary school with Amber McElhinney
What is it like being a pre-veterinary student applying to veterinary school? And how do you determine the cost? Have a listen to find out:
Tune in as we chat with Amber McElhinney, a 2nd-year veterinary student at UC Davis. We take a deep dive into her pre-veterinary strategies, from research to applications and interviews, to the detailed financial implications. She shares what she wishes she had done differently and advice to other pre-veterinary students.
In this episode we mention the following resources:
- APVMA (American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association): https://www.apvma.org/index.html
- Student Doctor Network pre-veterinary forum: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pre-veterinary.73/
- VBMA (Veterinary Business Management Association): https://vbma.biz/VIN Foundation Vet School Bound: https://vetschoolbound.org/applysmarter/
- VIN Foundation Cost of Education Map: https://vetschoolbound.org/how-much-will-my-veterinary-education-cost/
- VIN Foundation Vet School Bound: https://vetschoolbound.org/
This episode is the accompanying podcast to the blog post by Amber where she drills down specific costs of applying to veterinary school.
You may find all the VIN Foundation Veterinary Pulse podcast episodes on Podbean.