Lessons learned of applying to veterinary school with Amber McElhinney
Are you a pre-veterinary student or know someone who is? Join the VIN Foundation in collaboration with the Student Doctor Network (SDN) and the American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association (APVMA) in learning how you can Apply Smarter to veterinary school in the age of COVID. Wednesday, Aug 12th, 5pm PT/ 8pm ET
What is it like being a pre-veterinary student applying to veterinary school? And how do you determine the cost? Have a listen to find out:
Tune in as we chat with Amber McElhinney, a 2nd-year veterinary student at UC Davis. We take a deep dive into her pre-veterinary strategies, from research to applications and interviews, to the detailed financial implications. She shares what she wishes she had done differently and advice to other pre-veterinary students.
In this episode we mention the following resources:
- APVMA (American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association): https://www.apvma.org/index.html
- Student Doctor Network pre-veterinary forum: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pre-veterinary.73/
- VBMA (Veterinary Business Management Association): https://vbma.biz/VIN Foundation Vet School Bound: https://vetschoolbound.org/applysmarter/
- VIN Foundation Cost of Education Map: https://vetschoolbound.org/how-much-will-my-veterinary-education-cost/
- VIN Foundation Vet School Bound: https://vetschoolbound.org/
This episode is the accompanying podcast to the blog post by Amber where she drills down specific costs of applying to veterinary school.
You may find all the VIN Foundation Veterinary Pulse podcast episodes on Podbean.