Veterinary Pulse Podcast with Kamira Patel
Veterinary Pulse is the heartbeat of the veterinary profession. Join us as we talk with veterinary colleagues about critical topics, and share stories. Stories that connect us… as humans, as animals, as a veterinary community.
Tune in as we chat with Kamira Patel, a 3rd-year veterinary student at UC Davis. Kamira shares her veterinary school application strategy, how she narrowed her choices based on priorities, and her unexpected favorite part of veterinary school.
In this episode we mention the following resources:
- Kamira’s blog post on Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) tips: https://vinfoundation.org/veterinary-school-multiple-mini-interview-mmi-tips/
- School of Veterinary Medicine at UC Davis: https://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/
- APVMA (American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association): https://www.apvma.org/index.html
- Student Doctor Network pre-veterinary forum: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pre-veterinary.73/
- VIN Foundation Vet School Bound: https://vetschoolbound.org/applysmarter/
- VIN Foundation Cost of Education Map: https://vetschoolbound.org/how-much-will-my-veterinary-education-cost/
- VIN Foundation Vet School Bound:https://vetschoolbound.org/
- Vets4Vets® https://vinfoundation.org/vets4vets
If you like this podcast, we would appreciate it if you follow and share. As always, we welcome feedback. If you have an idea for a podcast episode, we’d love to hear it!
The VIN Foundation was founded by members of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN) in 2005. VIN is an online community of veterinarians and veterinary students with over 75,000 members worldwide. The VIN Foundation’s charitable efforts are centered around the belief that a healthy veterinary profession is essential for healthy animal and human communities.