We're here to help you have a fair contract
You went to veterinary school to practice medicine, not to read, write, or decipher contracts. Yet, a balanced contract can be as critical to a healthy working relationship as a balanced diet is to a healthy patient.
Negotiating with your new employer or employee should NOT be an adversarial experience. Working through this contract together has proven to be a positive experience for thousands of employers and employees, with the end-product being an employment agreement that all parties understand and feel good about.
Recognizing (that with a few exceptions) veterinarians are not lawyers and lawyers are not veterinarians, the VIN Foundation, working with both veterinarians and lawyers, drafted the Model Employment Contract – a comprehensive, comprehensible, and customizable contract designed to meet the needs of veterinary employee and employer.
The Model Employment Contract, provides explanations for each provision in the template so both parties can understand the impact of the contract and the reason for each provision. The Model Employment Contract covers:
• Terms of Employment and Compensation
• Intellectual Property and Confidentiality
• Termination of Employment
• And more…
- This program is helpful if you are: a veterinary student, a new veterinary graduate, a veterinarian.
- You can support this initiative by selecting Help for Veterinarians on our give page.
- Heads up, this is a password protected area, you might already have access. Learn more
Go to Model Employment Contract