Why Does VIN Foundation Exist?
We believe a healthy animal community depends on a healthy veterinary community. The VIN Foundation resources help veterinarians thrive so they can help our animals and those who care for them.
Veterinary medicine encompasses inspection of animal food and meat, academia and research, international health, and public awareness, as well as cutting-edge surgery, diagnostic testing, and medical treatments for every animal species. The strength and health of our pets, agriculture, research, families, and communities depend upon a healthy, vibrant, and strong veterinary profession.
We’re here to help!
Who Are We?
The VIN Foundation is a team of humans passionate about supporting the veterinary community and the animals we love.
The VIN Foundation was founded by members of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN) in 2005. VIN is an online community of veterinarians and veterinary students with over 80,000 members worldwide. The VIN community spans every facet of the veterinary profession from private practice and research to academia and public health. The VIN Foundation’s charitable efforts are centered around the belief that a healthy veterinary profession is essential for healthy animal and human communities.
What Do We Do?
Most foundations give money. We give resources. The VIN Foundation resources support, educate, and mentor veterinarians through their careers, and are backed by hundreds of practicing veterinarians eager to help. All resources are available to veterinarians and veterinary students at no cost. We are regularly updating the resources with the most up to date information. If you want to stay updated please complete the Get Updates form. You may also download the information one-pager to learn more or share.
1) Knowledge is power
2) Honesty and transparency
3) Question status quo
4) Tenacity and integrity
5) Trustworthy and compassionate
6) Accept responsibility
7) Act in the best interest of others
1) VIN Foundation shall always act in the veterinary profession’s best interest to help veterinarians thrive so they can help our animals and those who care for them.
2) VIN Foundation shall make choices based upon what is best long-term for VIN Foundation and its belief a healthy animal community is dependent on a healthy veterinary community.
3) VIN Foundation shall encourage its donors and colleagues to ask questions, listen with the intent to understand, then provide considerate feedback.
4) VIN Foundation shall support the future of the veterinary profession and provide resources to support veterinary professionals at each stage in their veterinary career.
5) VIN Foundation shall treat donors and colleagues with respect and express appreciation for their contribution.
6) VIN Foundation shall honor the privacy of all donors and colleagues and never share any personal information with others without the explicit permission of those who have entrusted VIN Foundation with their information.
7) VIN Foundation shall never enter into a relationship or collaboration with another entity who is unwilling to sign and be bound by the VIN Foundation Core Values.
8) VIN Foundation shall speak out against injustices to colleagues and the profession.
9) VIN Foundation shall never enter into financial relationships or accept sponsorships that compromise the independence of VIN Foundation resources.
10) VIN Foundation shall never betray the trust of veterinary colleagues and donors in any way.
Download a one-pager on the VIN Foundation mission, core values, and guiding principles.