Listen in as student debt expert and Board Member Dr. Tony Bartels in this next installment of our Student Debt Series. This episode we’re going through the latest news from the Supreme Court, the Department of Education response, and what’s next for borrowers. Listen in to learn about the important dates coming up, and make sure to check out the links below to learn more.
As always, we want to hear from YOU. Please share your thoughts by sending an email or joining the conversation.
Dr. Tony Bartels
Tony Bartels, DVM, MBA graduated in 2012 from the Colorado State University combined MBA/DVM program and is a VIN Foundation Board Member and Student Debt Expert, and an employee of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN). He and his wife, a small-animal internal medicine specialist practicing in Denver, have more than $400,000 in veterinary-school debt that they manage using federal income-driven repayment plans. By necessity (and now obsession), his professional activities include researching and speaking on veterinary-student debt, providing guidance to colleagues on loan-repayment strategies and contributing to VIN Foundation resources. Beyond debt, his professional interests include small- and exotic-animal practice. When he’s not staring holes into his colleagues’ student-loan data, Tony enjoys fly fishing, ice hockey, camping and exploring Colorado with his wife, Audra, daughter, Lucy, and their two rescued canines, Addi and Maggie.
LINKS AND INFORMATION:
VIN Foundation Student Debt Tools:
- VIN Foundation Student Debt Center
- Check your current student loan servicers and other loan details — VIN Foundation My Student Loans tool
- VIN Foundation Student Loan Repayment Simulator
- VIN Foundation WikiDebt
- Personalized student loan Help from VIN and VIN Foundation
- Repay Wiser
- Borrow Better
- New Grad Student Loan Repayment Playbook
- Climbing Mt. Debt for Veterinary Interns and Residents
- Federal Student Aid Data, Consolidation, and Repayment Application
- Saving on A Valuable Education (SAVE) replacing REPAYE
- Student Debt Relief Information
- One-time Forgiveness Count Adjustment
- Federal Student Loan Servicers
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Stay up to date with VIN Foundation updates
- VIN Foundation GIVE page to support these programs & tools
- Email VIN Foundation
If you like this podcast, we would appreciate it if you follow and share. As always, we welcome feedback. If you have an idea for a podcast episode, we’d love to hear it!