Tune in as we chat with Amber McElhinney, a 2nd-year veterinary student at UC Davis. We take a deep dive into her pre-veterinary strategies, from research to applications and interviews, to the detailed financial implications. She shares what she wishes she had done differently and advice to other pre-veterinary students.
In this episode we mention the following resources:
- APVMA (American Pre-Veterinary Medical Association): https://www.apvma.org/index.html
- Student Doctor Network pre-veterinary forum: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pre-veterinary.73/
- VBMA (Veterinary Business Management Association): https://vbma.biz/VIN
Foundation Vet School Bound: https://vetschoolbound.org/applysmarter/
- VIN Foundation Cost of Education Map: https://vetschoolbound.org/how-much-will-my-veterinary-education-cost/
- VIN Foundation Vet School Bound: https://vetschoolbound.org/
You may learn more about the VIN Foundation, on the website, or join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
If you like this podcast, we would appreciate it if you follow and share. As always, we welcome feedback. If you have an idea for a podcast episode, we’d love to hear it!