Tune in as we chat with student debt expert Dr. Tony Bartels about the latest updates to the COVID-19 Student Loan Repayment Relief announced this week.
Since March 13, 2020, borrowers with federally held student loans have received student loan repayment relief. Interest rates have been set to zero percent, payments have been suspended, and for those using income-driven repayment or working towards Public Service Loan Forgiveness, the suspension time has counted towards qualifying forgiveness payments.
The entire student loan collection system was never intended to be turned off and on all at once, like a switch, so what can we expect as we head into a full year of this relief? Listen in to learn more.
In this episode we mention the following links and information:
- Federal Student Aid: https://studentaid.gov
- Federal Student Aid COVID FAQ: https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/coronavirus
- VIN Foundation COVID-19 Repayment Restart blog post: https://vinfoundation.org/covid-19-veterinary-student-loan-repayment-restart/
- VIN Foundation Repay Wiser Tools: https://vinfoundation.org/resources/repay-wiser-veterinary-school-debt-loan-repayment/
- VIN Foundation New Veterinary Graduate Student Loan Playbook: https://vinfoundation.org/resources/class-2020-veterinary-student-loan-playbook/
- VIN Foundation Student Loan Forgiveness Planning blog post: https://vinfoundation.org/veterinary-student-loan-forgiveness-planning-preparing-for-the-tax-bill/
- VIN Foundation Student Debt Center: https://vinfoundation.org/studentdebtcenter
- VIN Foundation My Student Loans tool: http://www.vinfoundation.org/mystudentloans
- VIN Foundation WikiDebt: https://vinfoundation.org/wikidebt
- VIN Foundation Webinars: https://vinfoundation.org/resources/webinars/
- Stay up to date with VIN Foundation updates: https://vinfoundation.org/updates/
- Personalized Assistance available via the special VIN
and VIN Foundation Student Debt Message Board areas:
Email VIN Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may learn more about the VIN Foundation, on the website, or join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
If you like this podcast, we would appreciate it if you follow and share. As always, we welcome feedback. If you have an idea for a podcast episode, we’d love to hear it!