Acceptance numbers matter
- Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (2,153 applications for 148 seats)
- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine (1,607 applicants for 128 seats)
- Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine (1,448 applications for 133 seats)
- Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine (1,321 applications for 161 seats)
- University of Wisconsin – Madison School of Veterinary Medicine (1,309 applications for 96 seats)
Want to increase your chances of getting into veterinary school?
Join the conversation:
Tony Bartels, DVM, MBA
Dr. Tony Bartels graduated in 2012 from the Colorado State University combined MBA/DVM program and is an employee of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN) and a VIN Foundation Board member. He and his wife have more than $400,000 in veterinary-school debt that they manage using federal income-driven repayment plans. By necessity (and now obsession), his professional activities include researching and speaking on veterinary-student debt, providing guidance to colleagues on loan-repayment strategies and contributing to VIN Foundation initiatives.